This is an in-depth guide to hydrafinil. A lot of nootropic enthusiasts like it because of how similar it is to the king of “smart drugs” – modafinil. You’ll discover all that you need to know about hydrafinil, including its benefits & expected negative effects, its mechanism of action, comparison with other great nootropics, & where to purchase pure hydrafinil online.
What Is Hydrafinil?
Hydrafinil, also recognized as fluorenol, is a metabolite of modafinil. It’s classified under eugeroics – drugs that promote wakefulness . While modafinil & hydrafinil may not seem to share various structural similarities, they are intimately related to each other. In an analysis work towards discovering new modafinil derivatives, research has indicated that hydrafinil is indeed 39% more powerful than modafinil at fostering wakefulness in rats – keeping mice vigilant over 4 hours. Nonetheless, after further investigation, it was resolved that the eugeroic action of the fluorenol analog was likely due to an active metabolite, which the research team identified as fluorenol itself. Fluorenol is a weak dopamine reuptake inhibitor, notably 59% weaker than modafinil, potentially making it even less liable for addiction .
While peer-reviewed studies on hydrafinil as a robust nootropic are practically nonexistent, it’s true that the product has the following properties:
- it has comparable eugeroic (i.e., wakefulness-augmenting) action to modafinil;
- it influences the same neurotransmitters in the brain as modafinil (i.e., dopamine, glutamate, & histamine);
- it’s probably more robust than modafinil concerning alertness, vigilance, overall productivity, mood, & memory.
Unlike modafinil, hydrafinil is NOT endorsed by the Food and Drug Administration (FDA), nor is it used to treat any of the sleep disorders for which modafinil is prescribed, including narcolepsy, obstructive sleep apnea, & shift work sleep disorder .
The status of hydrafinil as an unregulated investigation med has excited researchers’ enthusiasm in this drug as a possibly safer & more potent modafinil alternative.
How Does Hydrafinil Work?
According to some researchers & experts, hydrafinil principally functions as a dopamine reuptake inhibitor (DRI) & a 5-HT6 receptor antagonist. Here is how the drug works:
- increasing dopamine levels: As a DRI, the nootropic heightens the production of this neurotransmitter, which leads to improved cognition;
- enhancing the concentrations of choline: The antagonism of the 5-HT6 receptor induces enhanced production of choline, resulting in ameliorated brainpower & performance;
- augmenting histamine levels: Hydrafinil heightens the concentrations of histamine in the hypothalamus. This neurotransmitter plays a significant role in regulating the sleep-wake cycle;
- increasing glutamate levels: As a 5-HT6 receptor antagonist, hydrafinil causes heightened production of glutamate in the brain. This results in intensified memory & learning capabilities;
- ameliorating norepinephrine levels: Fluorenol increases the concentrations of norepinephrine by antagonizing the 5-HT6 receptor. Heightened levels of this chemical can lead to augmented cognition.
With that said, there isn’t a lot of analysis that supports this mechanism of action. However, it certainly keeps you from sleep with a well-rested feeling. The product can improve short-term visual memory, boost concentration, & ameliorate information processing speed while lessening impulsivity & enhancing critical thinking.
About Hydrafinil Ingredient
Below are specifications of the ingredient hydrafinil:
- synonyms: 9H-fluoren-9-ol, hydroxyfluoren, 9-fluorenol, 9-hydroxyfluorene;
- chemical name: 9H-fluoren-9-ol;
- molecular formula: C13H10O;
- molecular weight: 182.222 g/mol;
- EC number: 216-879-0;
- complexity: 191;
- organoleptic profile: off-white crystalline;
- physical form: solid.
Fluorenol is an alcohol derivative of fluorene. In the most notable isomer, 9-hydroxyfluorene or fluoren-9-ol, the hydroxy group is located on the bridging carbon between the two benzene rings. Hydroxyfluorene can be transformed into fluorenone by oxidation. It’s a white cream colored solid at room temperature.
Main Hydrafinil Benefits
Now that you have got a fundamental understanding of what hydrafinil is, let’s discuss the remarkable benefits it offers. Since there’s a scarcity of research concentrating on hydrafinil directly, we’re left with anecdotal reports & studies on related substances such as modafinil & adrafinil
So, some of its benefits are the following:
- it can ameliorate alertness without the jitters: The next-generation wake-augmenting product appeared to increase alertness in rats, as aforementioned. Despite the lack of peer-reviewed studies on hydrafinil in humans, there’re several promising informal reports written by human experimentation subjects on the new substance . Put in another way, hydrafinil, like modafinil, isn’t a stimulant in the traditional sense. By using it, you can gain intense alertness without the jitters, which can occur with other brainpower augmenters like Adderall & caffeine;
- it can lessen daytime fatigue: One anecdotal statement implies that hydrafinil aids in relieving fatigue within 30–40 minutes in subjects with active lifestyles . Daytime fatigue is a prevalent condition that can cause even the smallest decision to appear like a chore. Hydrafinil reportedly reduces that feeling, making decision-making more manageable during the day;
- it potentially ameliorates wakefulness without disrupting the sleep schedule: Although pharmacokinetic data on hydrafinil remains insufficient, the same anecdotal report implies that the nootropic’s wakefulness-augmenting effects don’t come at the cost of meddling with the subject’s sleep schedule . This can be attributed to hydrafinil’s more potent yet shorter-lasting duration. Individuals report that this compound leads to a greater amelioration in cognition than the popular drug modafinil, yet that it barely lasts for just about 4 to 6 hours, compared to 13+ hours provided by the king of nootropics;
- it can certainly be used for polyphasic sleep cycles: Some biohackers apply the polyphasic sleep pattern to accomplish more tasks. The compound can heighten wakefulness required to adjust to good resting ;
- it’s less addictive & extra efficacious than modafinil at fostering alertness: Similar to modafinil, hydrafinil is certainly not a stimulant in the traditional sense, as stated earlier. It’s certainly a weak DRI, implying that it’s capable to heighten alertness with an insignificant risk of addiction;
- similar to modafinil, hydrafinil might also make you experience improved sex drive due to its extra focus, which leads to ameliorated sexual experience. It can certainly heighten focus on the pleasures of sex — rather than on the distractions — if you’re only in the right frame of mind.
Overall, hydrafinil seems to be deserving of further analysis as an alternative to modafinil & adrafinil. This study compound has the potential to produce more powerful cognitive augmentation than modafinil at a lower dose, without some of the negative reactions linked with the latter two.
Hydrafinil Dosage, Side Effects, and Safety
Because there are yet more scientific studies needed to determine the exact hydrafinil dosage, it’s prudent to use the compound, available in the form of powder or capsules, in the dose of 50 to 150 mg. A maximum of 150 mg of powder can be used in hourly intervals. Caution should be exercised to not ingest too much of it due to its heightened strength. The physician’s guidance is advisable when taking such a product to get more accurate dosage instructions.
Consuming the highest dosage for many days in a row isn’t recommended. Overall, at present, hydrafinil is deemed to be relatively safe to use due to it being similar to other scientifically backed meds. Nonetheless, so far, no reviews have been able to present conclusive results. But since hydrafinil is a mild compound, sticking to a 50 mg dose is unlikely to cause any negative effects. Raising the dose can demonstrate to be disadvantageous, and thus if taking 50 mg isn’t giving you the desired effects, consult a medical specialist before deciding to increase the dosage.
The lack of scientific investigations could not assure the safety of ingesting hydrafinil. Some of the reported adverse reactions associated with its use are the following:
- difficulty sleeping;
- a change in appetite;
Since the FDA doesn’t regulate this compound, caution must be exercised. Most people who have used the med report no severe health risks. It’s generally considered to cause fewer adverse reactions than modafinil. As it hasn’t gone through any human clinical trials, there is no way of understanding the safety of its long-term use. Hence, it’s not advised for use by those who are pregnant or breastfeeding.
Is Hydrafinil Like Modafinil?
As mentioned earlier, hydrafinil is considered 39% more potent than modafinil. This means that its 50 to 100 mg dose corresponds to 100 to 200 mg of modafinil. The research compound also has milder effects on the neurotransmitter dopamine & a milder crash. It’s cheaper to purchase than modafinil, and it reportedly causes fewer negative effects. Additionally, hydrafinil is less addictive, and it can even help some users get over addictions.
In our judgment, hydrafinil seems like an all-embracing eugeroic, but the biggest problem with it is that it’s just not that well studied yet. On the other hand, modafinil has been confirmed to be safe and well-tolerated by most users, and its effectiveness is backed by tons of studies & human trials. It’s approved by the FDA for treating excessive sleepiness due to certain sleep disorders. Although hydrafinil reportedly offers the same benefits as modafinil, the latter might be a better option for most individuals.
Hydrafinil vs Adrafinil
When comparing hydrafinil and adrafinil, the former is considered milder with fewer negative effects. Both meds are metabolized in the liver. Nonetheless, the evidence suggests that adrafinil has a greater adverse effect on the liver. It can cause 2 specific negative effects that hydrafinil doesn’t: elevated liver enzyme values & skin irritation. Additionally, adrafinil has also been related to orofacial dyskinesia – a condition in which the mouth & face move involuntarily in a repetitive manner .
Overall, adrafinil is considered less powerful than hydrafinil & modafinil, but still, it gives similar benefits. As for its mode of action, it operates similarly to the research compound. It elevates the histamine levels in the brain, producing a robust feeling of alertness. Notably, this nootropic also heightens the levels of serotonin, dopamine, & norepinephrine in the brain.
It’s worth noting, however, that adrafinil has a lot more research backing it, and thus it has a much more favorable safety profile compared to hydrafinil. But in 2011, it was voluntarily discontinued. Perhaps the main reason for this was modafinil, which is significantly better developed than adrafinil.
Hydrafinil vs Flmodafinil
Flmodafinil is a research product and hasn’t been certified by the FDA just like hydrafinil. It’s considered to have greater DRI effects, meaning that it can block the effects of some stimulants. However, it has very comparable alertness & wakefulness effects to hydrafinil, & they’re roughly equivalent in strength.
The principal differences, though, are that flmodafinil does not have the effects of 5-HT6 receptor antagonists & that it has a longer half-life than hydrafinil. So, how long does it last? It has a half-life of 12+ hours, which is twice the value of fluorenol.
Unlike hydrafinil, flmodafinil doesn’t give a mood boost. Nonetheless, it is best for getting more mental tasks done. It doesn’t give physical energy; it’s more of mental energy.
Hydrafinil has lower DRI effects than flmodafinil, so this eugeroic can’t block the effects of stimulants. While it is 39% stronger than modafinil, flmodafinil is potentially 2 to 4 times as powerful as the eugeroic modafinil.
Hydrafinil vs Adderall
Adderall is a traditional central nervous system stimulant. It’s a blend of amphetamine & dextroamphetamine. It primarily affects the neurotransmitters norepinephrine and dopamine. Unfortunately, the effects on dopamine, although useful, make the drug addictive, unlike hydrafinil, which is less liable for addiction. Both meds force the brain into a waking state, heightening dopamine levels, & aid users in getting their tasks done more swiftly. However, Adderall’s half-life is about 10 hours, meaning it lasts longer than hydrafinil.
Deciding which product is best will depend on what you’re using it for. If you’re looking for heightened productivity, improved focus, clearer thinking, or ameliorated reaction time without some negative effects associated with potent stimulants like Adderall, we think hydrafinil is a better option. Despite the benefits, Adderall’s negative effects can still be very dangerous.
Where Can You Purchase Hydrafinil Online?
If you are asking yourself, Where can I purchase hydrafinil online? or if you wonder where to buy it without having to worry about product quality or shipping hurdles, we recommend Science.bio. It is indeed a good place to shop for this high-quality compound.
Despite being a comparatively new company, Science.bio has succeeded in establishing itself as a highly dependable supplier of premium-quality research compounds like hydrafinil. It provides superb customer service and has complete transparency about its product quality. Each chemical offered by this vendor is rigorously verified & includes a complete data sheet + comprehensive audits of production batches. Besides, its product potency is also evaluated through an independent lab.
Besides, the vendor offers swift shipping times. After successful checkout, Science.bio ships the products in 24 hours & provides tracking numbers as fast as possible. In case you don’t receive hydrafinil, or if the product appears defective, the vendor offers a complete money-back guarantee. Furthermore, Science.bio provides several payment options. You can swiftly pay with a credit card, bitcoin (5% off), eCheck, & bank transfers.
Considering the said facts, Science.bio is indeed the #1 hydrafinil vendor that we certainly recommend.
However, if you still want to try a well-researched nootropic that is safe and effective for most users, you can buy modafinil online. You can order it from reliable e-pharmacies that offer cheap generic modafinil sourced from certified manufacturers for sale. The recommended vendors are ModafinilXL.com, BuyModafinilOnline.com, FreeModafinil.org, Afinil.com, & BuyModa.org. These online drugstores are legit and have excellent shopper reviews since they fulfill what they promise, providing swift parcel delivery, a refund policy, and favorable prices.
The Verdict: Hydrafinil Review
That’s been a great hydrafinil review. So, what can be the verdict? Despite it being comparatively new, the product has already been claimed to be an effective nootropic — similar to the famous king of “smart tabs” modafinil.
Certainly, hydrafinil can offer robust cognition-ameliorating effects & is probably a must-have nootropic if desiring short bouts of increased productivity + extra alertness & focus. It is indeed safe to take, simple to obtain, extremely cheap to buy, & has few known negative effects.
Take note that its effect varies from individual to individual. So, it is advisable to examine the product before taking it.
- Product Information (pdf). Retrieved: September 19, 2021. Caymanchem.com.
- Fluorenol. Retrieved: September 19, 2021. Wikipedia.org.
- Modafinil Oral: Uses, Side Effects, Interactions, Pictures, & Warnings. Retrieved: September 19, 2021. Webmd.com.
- Hydrafinil Report | r/Nootropics. Retrieved: September 19, 2021. Reddit.com.
- Longterm sleep deprivation and Polyphasic sleep with Modafinil? By Learnitall1| r/Afinil. Retrieved: September 19, 2021. Reddit.com.
- Adrafinil-induced orofacial dyskinesia. By Stéphane Thobois, Jing Xie, Helena Mollion, Isabelle Benatru, and Emmanuel Broussolle. Published: August 2004. Pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov.